McAsphalt’s waterproofing membrane is a hot applied, flexible, polymer-modified asphalt waterproofing/roofing membrane. It is composed of a unique blend of engineered asphalts, virgin polymers, synthetic rubbers and reinforcing mineral fillers. It has excellent adhesive and cohesive properties that combine to eliminate any lateral movement of water between the membrane and the substrate. The membrane forms a seamless, continuous monolithic waterproofing membrane that is impermeable to moisture penetration and remains flexible over a wide range of temperatures.
GENERAL PRODUCT FEATURES
- Easily applied over a wide range of temperatures with either a squeegee or a hand-held wand equipped with an appropriate applicator tip.
- Monolithic and seamless membranes are more reliable and impermeable than traditional peel-and-stick or “torch-on” membranes.
- Can be placed at ambient temperatures as low as -18˚C, which significantly extends the construction season.
- Can be applied in either a single-ply layer or double-ply fibreglass-reinforced layer for enhanced performance and resistance to traffic and high-shear stress.
- Must be heated in double boiler/oil-jacketed kettle.