McAsphalt manufactures a penetrating primer for brush or spray applications formulated with a blend of selected asphalts and petroleum cutback conforming to the requirements of a dampproofing/waterproofing primer PCGSB.37.GP.9. Dampproofing is not waterproofing. For protection against water penetration, try considering a waterproofing product.
McAsphalt’s primer is a surface conditioner that enhances the bond between the substrate and waterproofing membrane or other asphaltic type coatings and can be used as a dampproofing coating to prevent migration of moisture through masonry or concrete structures.
GENERAL PRODUCT FEATURES
- Cures to form a tough asphalt coating.
- Can be applied over a wide temperature range.
- Easy to use—may be brushed or sprayed on and no dilution is required.
- Multiple applications possible for thicker membranes.
- Adheres to concrete, wood and metal.