Recycling and Rehabilitation
Recycling and rehabilitation can be used to address many road defects including rutting, cracking, profiling and polishing. Recent advances allow the addition of engineered materials to modify the structural strength of marginal materials that may have been used in the original construction.
Features and Benefits
- Savings of 25%–33% over traditional reconstruction technologies.
- Particulate and VOC emissions are reduced.
- Zero waste materials are generated; additional waste materials may be used.
- Marginal materials can be added to the road structure and performance enhanced with additives.
- Opportunity to enhance engineering design over traditional reconstruction strategies.
- Strategic use of additives and fillers can optimize the performance of the road to maximize your project’s life cycle.
- Work-zone safety can be increased by a shorter work zone and reduced project time.
- More economical wearing courses other than overlays, such as slurry seals and seal coats, can be used to further enhance project economics.
Discover the MCA Advantage - Asphalt EmulsionDOWNLOAD PDF
Recycling and Rehabilitation Fact SheetDOWNLOAD PDF